Today is my 22nd birthday. Over the last year, I feel like I’ve learned so much about myself, what I am passionate about, and what I see in my future. Your early 20s are special because you’re developing more every single day. This year especially, I learned so many things in life. And I am glad I learned this advice at a young age.
In honor of my birthday, I thought I would share 22 little lessons I’ve learned by age 22. I am still working on some of these things in my personal life, but I feel that we are all constantly a “work in progress.” So, here’s some life wisdom I want to share with you.
1.Things will work out the way they’re supposed to.
2. Never strive to be someone else. Instead, become a better version of yourself.
3. You need to take care of yourself before you can help anyone else.
4. Dwelling on the past will not help you presently.
5. There’s always room for improvement.
6. Accept yourself and love yourself.
7. Make your health a priority.
8. If you don’t like something, change it.
9. If someone wants you in your life, they will make an effort to have you in their life.
10. If it’s important to you, you’ll find a way. If it’s not, you’ll find an excuse.
11. Your passions aren’t silly. They are your calling.
12. Friends should never make you feel bad.
13. Learning is something you should never take for granted.
14. If you can’t get a miracle, be a miracle for someone else.
15. Don’t go to bed with makeup on. Don’t go to bed mad at someone.
16. When in doubt, make a list.
17. Always look at the big picture. Whatever is bothering you won’t matter in five years.
18. Don’t feel pressured to be perfect. Being your genuine self is perfect enough.
19. Breathe. This too, shall pass. Take life one day at a time.
20. You can’t plan for everything in life, and that’s perfectly okay.
21. Being present is so special. Practice it daily.
22. Give yourself a break. You’re doing the best you can.
I feel like this last year has taught me so much about the type of person I am, and the type of person I want to be. These lessons and pieces of advice have allowed me to grow as a person, and I hope you can learn something from this list as well!
What life lesson or piece of advice can you add to the list? Make sure to leave a comment below!