Seoul shares open nearly flat despite US gains
简介South Korean stocks opened almost flat Thursday following overnight gains on Wall Street buoyed by c ...
South Korean stocks opened almost flat Thursday following overnight gains on Wall Street buoyed by cooler-than-expected inflation data.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index gained 0.8 point, or 0.01 percent, to 2,487.47 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
The local market opened an hour later, along with the government and all major institutions, including private businesses, to make room for the once-a-year national college entrance exam.
US stocks closed higher overnight following reports that the producer price index rose at a lower-than-expected rate in October, providing an additional sign of slowing inflation one day after the country reported a slower-than-expected increase in consumer price index.
The Dow Jones Industrial average added 0.47 percent, with the Nasdaq Composite gaining 0.07 percent.
In Seoul, large caps traded mixed.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics gained 0.83 percent, with No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix losing 0.45 percent.
Leading battery maker LG Energy Solution fell 1.44 percent, while top mobile carrier SK Telecom added 0.97 percent.
Top automaker Hyundai Motor rose 1.21 percent, with its smaller affiliate Kia soaring 2.09 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,307.75 won against the US dollar, down 6.95 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
US tech giant Corning Inc. said Thursday that it had appointed Vaughn Hall, its international vice p ...
윤석열 대통령이 26일 사우디아라비아와 카타르 국빈 방문을 마치고 귀국했다.윤 대통령은 이날 부인 김건희 여사와 대통령 전용기인 공군 1호기 편으로 성남 서울공항을 통해 입국했다. ...
Cirque Du Soleil has returned to Seoul with its latest masterpiece, “Luzia: A Waking Dream of Mexico ...
- 'Sweet Home 2' returns with new characters, sophisticated monsters
- [Life In Korea] Delivering 'taste of life' via street art
- 카타르 국왕, 내년 방한 수락…“중동 107조 운동장 열려”
- Han Kang's novel shortlisted for 2 prestigious French awards
- [Global Finance Awards] Kyobo's new child insurance plan offers lifetime coverage
- Revamped 'Sister Act' with diverse cast gets ready for international premiere
- KTO to offer weekend railroad travel packages through February
- In a first, Le Sserafim collaborates with Overwatch for in
- Hyundai Motor, Kia ranked in mid range of global eco
- 이종석, 검수완박법엔 입법취소 의견…공수처법 위헌 입장
- Chuu makes tearful solo debut with 'Howl'
- 尹 "참모들 앉아있지 말고 현장 가라…나도 민생 더 파고들 것"
- 김의겸 "김혜경 법카 유용 의혹, 그 정도 사안은 영장 못 쳐"
- Samsung Bioepis launches Soliris biosimilar in Europe
- LG Energy Solution's new residential ESS to hit US market
- [Herald Interview] New Royal Salute makes grand debut to tap deeper into Korean whiskey market
- Samyang to release tom yum flavor Buldak in US
- PPP appoints naturalized Korean doctor Yohan Ihn as party innovation committee chief
- Geopolitical risks hold back South Korea's credit rating upgrade:Fitch
- China’s export curbs on graphite may raise battery prices for EVs
- [Herald Interview] Kang Ik
- Things to note to prevent disputes in international contracts: The critical clause of governing law
- [KH Explains] Tesla ditching its premium strategy?
- Year after deadly crowd crush, victims, families yet to leave it behind
- Seoul shares open lower on US losses
- [Weekender] Indie bookstores thrive in reading
- Kakao risks losing management control of Kakao Bank
- BTS’ Jungkook features The Kid Laroi’s new single 'Too Much’
- [Today’s K
- Corporate direct financing jumps nearly 40% in September
- [Herald Review] Stray Kids perform new standard of '5
- STX issues new shares worth W80b to expand global business
- [Hello Hangeul] Love for Hangeul grows in corner of Sweden
- S. Korea reports additional cases of lumpy skin disease in cattle
- 43 films to premiere at Seoul International Pride Film Festival
- Exports up 4.6% during first 20 days of October