‘Concrete Utopia,’ ‘Moving’ sweep 59th Daejong Film Awards
简介Director Um Tae-hwa’s dystopian thriller “Concrete Utopia” swept Wednesday’s 59th Daejong Film Award ...
Director Um Tae-hwa’s dystopian thriller “Concrete Utopia” swept Wednesday’s 59th Daejong Film Awards.
Hosted by actor Cha In-pyo and comedian Jang Do-yeon, the award ceremony, also known as the Grand Bell Awards, was held at Gyeonggi Arts Center in Suwon, Gyeonggi Province, on a smaller scale than in previous years.
“Concrete Utopia” won the most coveted best picture award and five other awards, with Lee Byung-hun snatching the best actor award for his role in it. Actor Lee Sun-young won the best supporting actress award. "Concrete Utopia" is Korea's entry for next year's Oscars.
The best actress award went to Kim Seo-hyung of “Greenhouse,” which tells the story of a nurse and caregiver, Moon-jung, who lives in a greenhouse. It delves into the character's downfall as she tries to cover up the accidental death of an old couple in her care.
It was Kim’s fifth win at the Daejong Film Awards.
The best director award went to director Ryoo Seung-wan of “Smugglers,” which attracted 5.1 million moviegoers this summer, surpassing its breakeven point at 4 million admissions.
Subscription rates for streaming services are rising amid already high inflation, and such price hik ...
South Korea logged a current account surplus for the fourth straight month in August on the back of ...
윤석열 대통령이 10일 오전 서울 용산 대통령실 청사에서 열린 국무회의에서 발언하고 있다. 윤 대통령은 “우크라이나 전쟁에 중동 사태까지 겹치면서 대외경제 불안 요인이 커질 수 있 ...
Former head of Jogye Order dies in temple fire
Samsung Electronics tips Q3 operating profit to plunge 78% on semiconductor losses
Opposition calls for Yoon's overhaul of Cabinet after by
218 Koreans head home from Israel: Foreign Ministry
[Herald Review] '12.12: The Day' avoids usual pitfalls of historical films
[HIT Forum] Innospace champions small satellite renaissance
- Seoul hosts ICC seminar highlighting role of Asia
- British interdisciplinary artist Jane Benson turns literary texts into art
- KT&G unveils W2.8tr shareholder return plan
- Daewoong's Nabota tops botulinum toxin exports
- JYP to 'take K
- UNESCO HQ hit by largest
- Bikes or motor vehicles? E
- After robot conductor, National Orchestra of Korea explores virtual reality
- S. Korea, US defense chiefs discuss 'tailored deterrence strategy' on N. Korea
- Weak won pushes import prices up in October
- Unification ministry plans to hold talks with UN Command to resume Panmunjom tour
- Following an Israeli airstrike, crowded Gaza hospital struggles to treat wounded children
- S. Korea vaccinates over 76% of cattle against lumpy skin disease
- N. Korea vows military action after US missile test
- 尹대통령 지지율 1%p 오른 34%…국민의힘 34% 민주당 33% [갤럽]
- Volvo expands presence in Korean market
- The Beatles release new track ‘Now And Then’ after 27 years thanks to AI
- Actor Lee Sun
- S. Korea to set up task force to put rising prices under control
- Gimjang tours make kimchi
- More mosquitoes in Seoul this fall: report
- NTOK Live+ to screen latest plays from UK, Netherlands
- Bedbug reports cause jitters across S. Korea
- 8 in 10 favor removing mandatory camera shutter sound: survey
- Yoon says fake news threatens freedom, elections at AI Safety Summit
- [Herald Review] ‘Iron Mask,’ a rare kendo film filled with wordless yet powerful scenes
- Hyundai, Kia report robust EV US sales, shrug off impact of IRA
- S. Korea thanks countries near Gaza for assisting in evacuation of S. Korean family
- Catch fleeting fall foliage with exciting outdoor activities
- Quake shakes northwest Nepal, killing at least 128 and injuring dozens