Network error grinds government network to halt, restoration still in progress
简介Local governments across the country have suspended issuing government certificates and civil docume ...
Local governments across the country have suspended issuing government certificates and civil documents due to a failure in the administrative computer network, followed by a series of suspensions of the Government 24 online service, causing massive inconveniences.
The Interior Ministry said it was working to restore the system.
An indefinite suspension of all services was announced on the Government website at 1:55 p.m., with the explanation that the system was malfunctioning. The Government 24 application is the pangovernmental online application that provides services including issuance of online certificates and documents.
"Saeol," a computer network used by local governments across the country, has been malfunctioning since 9 a.m. Friday.
“The officials are still restoring the system as of 2:30 p.m. It is believed to be an error in the user authentication system that government officials use to access the Saeol network," said a public relations officer at the Interior Ministry.
The error has blocked both offline and online administrative services and delayed the handling of civil complaints at the Administrative Welfare Centers throughout the country.
The National Information Resources Service partially recovered the errors at 12:20 p.m., reportedly, but most of the system was not functioning properly as of 3 p.m., and the exact cause is yet to be confirmed.
The Interior Ministry said it would not be easy to restore the civil petition document service by the end of Friday.
Subscription rates for streaming services are rising amid already high inflation, and such price hik ...
윤석열 대통령이 12일 서울 한남동 관저에서 로이드 오스틴 미국 국방장관과 악수하고 있다. 윤 대통령은 이날 한미안보협의회의(SCM) 미측 대표단을 격려하며 만찬을 함께했다. ...
Terrestrial broadcaster KBS premiered its new epic historical drama “Goryeo-Khitan War” on Saturday ...
- [Global Finance Awards] Kyobo's new child insurance plan offers lifetime coverage
- [Herald Interview] Kiss of Life continues to describe different aspects of freedom through music
- Journey to Joseon scholars' timeless dwellings
- NewJeans to be first K
- National Orchestra of Korea's 'Winter Concert' to bring harmony of tradition, musicals
- ‘Feminist’ and ‘mama’s boy’ make the least desirable dates in Korea, survey finds
Photo of Fu Bao's baby twin sisters’ birth selected for Time's Top 100 Photos of 2023
송영길 "어린 건방진 놈" 한동훈 "운동권 했다고 우월한 척"
야당, 노란봉투·방송3법 강행…여당, 필리버스터 예고
[New in Korean] Tribute to mothers, daughters in 'Passing Through Winter'
‘Feminist’ and ‘mama’s boy’ make the least desirable dates in Korea, survey finds
- 2m Koreans opt out of life
- PM to meet with Xi on sidelines of Asian Games in Hangzhou
- Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
- Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Korean history remains virtually unknown abroad
- BTS' Jungkook to drop new single '3D'
- [New in Korean] Ancient Korean mummy unearthed in Irish peatland
- [Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
- Russian FM to visit Pyongyang next month as follow
- Surveillance cameras to be a must in hospital operating rooms
- Kangwon Land's wellness facilities offer quiet retreat
- [Weekender] Indie bookstores thrive in reading
- Three bidders vie for major stake in news channel YTN
- 2 dead, 1 in cardiac arrest in bus
- [Herald Interview] Sustainability offers practical help to industries
- [KH Explains] Tesla ditching its premium strategy?
- Hamas releases two US hostages with hope for more
- Asiana to hold board meeting to discuss sale of cargo unit
- 43 films to premiere at Seoul International Pride Film Festival
- [Exclusive] Asia's Tang Contemporary Art to open first Western outpost in London
- [Herald Interview] Ian Bostridge enjoys incorporating great works of literature into music
- [속보] 한국인 163명 이스라엘서 무사히 왔다…서울공항 도착
- Economy set for mild recovery, but bumpy road still ahead: BOK
- S. Korea's malaria cases reach highest level in 12 yrs
- Samyang to release tom yum flavor Buldak in US
- Savor the irresistible taste of tteokbokki
- S. Korea expresses gratitude to Japan for assisting return of Koreans from war
- Employment in manufacturing sector in Q3 falls at fastest pace in 11 quarters
- EcoPro seeks big leap as global battery materials maker
- GS Group, SNU to run incubator program for startups