Samyang post record sales on China's Singles Day
简介South Korean food manufacturer Samyang Foods said Thursday it posted new record sales of 13 billion ...
South Korean food manufacturer Samyang Foods said Thursday it posted new record sales of 13 billion won ($10 million) on this year’s Singles Day, a Chinese shopping festival celebrated every year on Nov. 11.
The figure is a jump of 39 percent from a year ago, beating the previous record high of 11 billion won in 2021.
Of the total earnings, 8 billion won came through e-commerce giants Alibaba and JD, while short-video platforms Douyin -- China’s version of TikTok -- and Kuaishou as well as online group-buying platform Pinduoduo drew the rest of the sales.
Samyang attributed the upbeat sales to its bestselling Buldak Spicy Chicken Ramen series and Chacharoni, its black bean sauce noodle brand.
During the shopping fest, it also introduced a limited-edition Buldak variety of South Korean sweet and spicy marinated fried chicken, or “yangnyeom chicken.” All 2,000 boxes of the new Buldak variety sold out much earlier than expected, the company said.
“While China’s consumption recovery is still underway, we were able to bear a fruitful result this year with the expanded sales channels,” said a Samyang Foods official. “Through our Chinese sales subsidiary in Shanghai, we plan to target the local market in line with the growing live commerce industry.”
Works by filmmakers from Korea and Association of Southeast Asian Nations member countries will be s ...
Proposed bill: Partial Amendment to the Unfair Competition Prevention and Trade Secret Protection Ac ...
Bang Yedam, formerly of Treasure, is planning to return as a solo musician, according to agency GF E ...
Leeum Museum to restore Korean artifacts from overseas institutions
Han Kang's 'I Do Not Bid Farewell' shortlisted for two French literary awards
尹 “연금안 맹탕? 근거·합의 없이 숫자로만 결론 낼 수 없다”
"식량만 달라" NLL 표류하던 北선박, 어젯밤 北이 끌고 갔다
'12.12: The Day' surpasses 4m ticket sales on 12th day of release
[Herald Interview] Korean Cultural Center in Madrid aims to extend, expand Korean culture in Spain
- Samsung family pays tribute to late founder
- Netflix’s ‘Single’s Inferno’ to return with season 3 in December
- S. Korean shares snap 3
- [New in Korean] Seven minds share single body in '7
- S. Korea secures 5th consecutive term on UNESCO executive board
- LG celebrates 1st baseball championship in 29 years with discounts
- EBS' new nature doc to explore symbiotic relationship between nature and humanity
- Everland grounds panda Fubao for trying to escape
- LG to debut EV chargers in US next year
- KB approves of Yang Jong
- Opposition leader returns to party duties, calls for Cabinet overhaul
- Seoul shares down for 3rd day amid geopolitical tension, high US bond yields
- EU preparing UN draft resolution on NK human rights
- Mirae Asset seeks generational change in leadership reshuffle
- Chinese restaurant ‘threatened’ by peers for free delivery
- Billlie opens a new world in 'Side
- Seoul shares open higher as US Treasury yields slide
- N. Korea blames US for instigating Israel
- Unification minister meets US civic group head to discuss NK human rights
- Korean Air to retain Asiana workers after takeover: sources
- S. Korea formally accepts WTO deal on fisheries subsidies
- 'The Boys' director says blending fact, fiction necessary to deliver message
- Naver to build digital twin platform for Saudi cities
- Over 40% of manufacturers say they need more foreign workers
- Yoon's office denies hasty secretary sacking to hide truth
- Drugs smuggled in through Incheon Airport surge since pandemic: lawmaker
- 병역거부 대체복무자 첫 소집해제…1173명 전국 교정시설에
- Touting historic ties with Saudi Arabia, Yoon calls for new partnership for growth
- Paris Baguette to expand into Middle East, Africa
- Korean delicacy of live octopus leads to choking death of 82