Halloween is tomorrow; and if you’re like me, you might have procrastinated on your costume. I love simple, inexpensive costumes I can make ten minutes before a Halloween party. Let’s be honest; I don’t have $50 to spend on a costume that I can only wear one day of the year.
I created this scarecrow look using items I already had at home. If you have a pair of boyfriend jeans, a plaid shirt, a hat, and some makeup—you can create this look, too!
Estée Lauder Pure Color Intense Kajal Eyeliner: Color–Blackened Black
Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Luminous Lip Gloss: Color-Red Door Red
Lancôme Star Bronzer Palette: Color-Bronze Essence
- Complete daily foundation and eye makeup routine as desired.
- Add bronzer and highlighter in round circles on cheeks for a dramatic, costume effect.
- Apply red or orange lip gloss to lips to draw attention to your mouth.
- With eyeliner pencil, draw two even lines from corners of your mouth. Add “stitches” crossing through the lines.
- Draw an oval on your nose with eyeliner pencil, and fill in with bronzer from palette.
Yes, it’s as simple as that! Your scarecrow look it complete.
Plaid Shirt: Macy’s ($32.99)
Boyfriend Jeans: H&M ($39.99)
Hat: ALDO ($25)
Now, you have a costume you made yourself for free and it takes less than 10 minutes to put together. You won’t have to stress about spending money, or researching what costume to wear to your Halloween party. Even if you’re staying in to pass out candy and watch movies (like me) you can complete this look for the trick-or-treaters in your town.
What is your Halloween costume for 2015? Do you prefer to buy your costume, or DIY one at home? Make sure to leave a comment below & Happy Halloween!