Hello everyone and happy Thursday. I hope you all are having a wonderful week. Today I wanted to share two more DIY gifts that you can easily make with a few simple ingredients. Today’s DIY gifts will feature bath products, which are perfect for your friends or relatives. The first recipe is for a Peppermint Sugar Scrub and the second recipe is a Chocolate Coconut Sugar Scrub. Both and delicious and decadent for the holidays.
- 1 1/2-2 cups sugar
- 1/2-1 cup coconut oil
- 4-6 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1-3 drops red food coloring or soap colorant
- Melt coconut oil in microwave for 30 seconds or until it becomes liquid and mix in essential oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add food coloring to batch.
- Fill a jar by alternating red and white scrub and store in an air-tight container.
- 1 cup loosely-packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (in solid form)
- 1/3 cup almond oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- a few drops of coconut extract or essential oil
- Add brown sugar and oils in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Incorporate cocoa powder until throughly combined.
- Keep any extra at room temperature.
I hope you enjoy recreating this sugar scrubs that will work perfectly as holiday gifts for your friends and family. They look good enough to eat, just make sure you don’t actually eat it…I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day and as always, I will talk to you all soon!