[New in Korean] Bae Myung
简介"Mars and I"By Bae Myung-hoonRabbit HoleIn Bae Myung-hoon’s latest adventure into the world of scien ...
"Mars and I"
By Bae Myung-hoon
In Bae Myung-hoon’s latest adventure into the world of science fiction, the red planet Mars takes center stage. The author of the bestselling novels, “Tower,” “Launch Something!” and “Future Past Tense” has been at the vanguard of the science fiction genre in Korea for the past decade amid its growing popularity.
In the compilation of short stories titled, "Mars and I," Bae weaves six tales, all centered around Martians striving to establish optimal government systems for building a new civilization.
In 2020, Bae started a research project upon a request from the Foreign Ministry exploring human settlement on Mars. The writer shifts from academia to literature, posing questions about the challenges of settling on Mars. He blends his imaginative prowess with insights drawn from his expertise in political systems and power dynamics.
The Martian society portrayed in the stories is comprised of individuals who initially relocated from Earth for exploration and colonization, but gradually transformed into immigrants. The stories present a plausible vision of Martian civilization that could emerge if an actual migration were to occur.
Bae writes in the author’s note that his intention was not to provide definitive answers but to raise questions.
Envisioning a future where these questions hold significance, the author unfolds new systems and adventures on the unfamiliar terrain of a distant planet.
이태섭 북한군 총참모장이 22일 열린 노동당 중앙군사위원회 회의에서 동해안 축선이 담긴 작전지도를 놓고 김정은 위원장에게 설명하는 모습. 조선중앙통신, 연합뉴스.북한은 한국의 9· ...
DB Robotics, a first-generation robot developer in South Korea, has revealed the nation’s first hybr ...
GAPYEONG, Gyeonggi Province -- South Korea’s biggest jazz festival completed its four-day run on Mon ...
- [New in Korean] Tribute to mothers, daughters in 'Passing Through Winter'
- Art Token launches Hangeul
- [Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
- Seoul shares end lower amid conflict in Middle East
- KT CEO carries out first organizational revamp
- Kakao Bank to acquire 10% stake in Indonesian digital bank
[New in Korean] Bae Myung
Samsung, LG, Hyundai closely monitoring potential biz fallout from Israel
[Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
LG Electronics ups Q3 earnings guidance on upbeat demand
Photo of Fu Bao's baby twin sisters’ birth selected for Time's Top 100 Photos of 2023
[From the scene] Eye
- American investigated for ‘teeth grinding’ graffiti across Yongsan
- Two dead in Gyeongju construction site collapse
- Trailblazer, Trax drive up GM Korea’s exports
- KIPO chief strengthens IP alliances with Middle Eastern counterparts
- 홍준표, 하태경 종로 출마 선언에…"주사파 출신이 갈 곳 아니다"
- Former Hungarian ambassador receives Gwanghwa Medal
- Speculation grows over Yoon's looming Cabinet shakeup
- 조응천 "김종인이 2명 배제하자…민주당, 총선서 제1당 됐다"
- 이상민 "현실적 선택지는 국민의힘…12월 초까지 거취 결정"
- First lady explains S. Korea's dog meat ban plan to Queen Camilla
- [Herald Interview] Korean 'changgeuk' meets Peking opera
- Han Kang wins prestigious French award for foreign literature
- [Herald Interview] Kiss of Life continues to describe different aspects of freedom through music
- Korea Artist Prize returns after overhaul
- 송영길 "어린 건방진 놈" 한동훈 "운동권 했다고 우월한 척"
- Jungkook's 'Golden' hits No. 2 on Billboard 200 with biggest
- Berliner Philharmoniker visits Seoul for first time in 6 years, joined by Cho Seong
- AI in your pocket: Samsung Galaxy S to feature real
- [New on the Scene] Joo Jong
- ‘험지 출마’ 압박받는 장제원, 4200명 운집 산악회로 세 과시
- Journey to Joseon scholars' timeless dwellings
- Park Bom to return with new single ‘I’
- 이동관 탄핵땐 방통위 1명 남아, 방송 재승인·재허가 올스톱
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Buddhism scholar committed to expanding Korean studies at Yale
- KBS ‘Goryeo
- 사법공백 두달…대법원장 후보 조희대 지명
- [Herald Interview] Singer
- YG's new group Babymonster to debut on Nov. 27
- Investment opportunities in Kazakhstan, South Chungcheong Province highlighted at GBF