CHA to expand assistance for buried cultural heritage excavation
简介The Cultural Heritage Administration announced Tuesday that the agency will expand its support for b ...
The Cultural Heritage Administration announced Tuesday that the agency will expand its support for buried cultural heritages next year with the aim of protecting South Korea’s historical sites, artifacts and monuments while relieving financial burdens for those whose projects involve small-sized buried heritages.
The CHA emphasized that the assistance for buried cultural heritages will include not only small-scale excavations, but also examination of buried sites prior to the uncovering procedures.
When a buried cultural heritage could be damaged or its preservation is deemed difficult due to construction, urban regeneration projects and more, a specific examination is required to protect the site's historical value for archival purposes.
Construction companies are responsible for both examination and excavation fees.
The CHA hopes to relieve the financial burden of those whose projects involve small-sized buried cultural heritage sites through subsidizing the cost of the examination and excavation.
The subsidy application can be made online at the the CHA’s customer service website after confirming the excavation plans with relevant local governments' cultural heritage committees.
The CHA’s assistance program for buried cultural heritage excavation began in December 2018.
Korean American author Ilyon Woo’s nonfiction work has been recognized as one of the New York Times& ...
Yu In-chon, the new minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism, called for a wide-ranging revamp of the ...
South Korean stocks closed slightly higher Monday as investors scooped up bargains ahead of the US F ...
- [Hello Indonesia] Digital innovation for financial inclusivity
- "식량만 달라" NLL 표류하던 北선박, 어젯밤 北이 끌고 갔다
- Han Kang's 'I Do Not Bid Farewell' shortlisted for two French literary awards
- Police slap travel ban on suspected con artist, ex
- [Herald Interview] Samyang CEO envisions elevating K
- 신원식 “나도 육군이지만, 합참의장은 해군 시켜야”
Remaining BTS members to begin military service next month
Plush bag charms in high demand among young Korean women
[KH Explains] Can humans catch lumpy skin disease?
Nearly 1 in 3 senior pensioners look to employment to make ends meet
Consumption slows down amid high rates, inflation
[Korea Beyond Korea] Historian looks back at life dedicated to Korean studies
- LG CNS launches new AI platform for corporate clients
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- 강서구청장 12시 투표율 11.4%…직전 지선보다 2.9%p 낮아
- [HIT Forum] High schooler shares his space dream
- First lady meets with Korean women residing in Japan
- Yoon, officials strongly condemn Hamas killings as act of terrorism
- N. Korea's Kim, Putin exchange congratulatory messages marking 75th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- HD Hyundai Shipbuilding invests $47m in Estonian fuel cell for green maritime energy
- 218 Koreans head home from Israel: Foreign Ministry
- Israleli strikes flatten entire neighborhoods as Gaza faces imminent blackout
- 美연구소 "北, 러에 보낸 포탄은 50만 발…한 달 사용 분량"
- Seoul shares snap 3
- Eximbank holds workshop on development financing
- Book records testimonies of bereaved families, survivors of Itaewon tragedy
- Man fined for assaulting soldiers who refused to praise Kim Jong
- LG Energy Solution Q3 net soars on US demand
- Hyundai Motor partners with IUCN for forest project in Vietnam
- [Herald Interview] Saudi Arabia seeks to engage with world through Diriyah Contemporary Art Biennale
- [사진] 빈 살만 운전 자청, 윤 대통령 동행
- [Korean History] 'Yonsama' fans trailblaze Hallyu in Japan
- 이재명, 여·야·정 3자 회동 제안…"바지사장 아닌 尹 직접 나서야"
- Partial list of artists to perform at 2023 MAMA Awards unveiled
- Hyundai Motor to build 1st car plant in Saudi Arabia, leading 46 Korea
- Crowd crush victims forced to cope alone
- 500 bird strikes reported in past 5 years: data
- Hyundai looks to repeat late founder’s Mideast success with EVs, hydrogen
- [Herald Review] Based on true story, 3 boys find justice 16 years delayed in 'The Boys'
- AI Auction debuts tax consultant chatbot
- Woori Bank accelerates overseas expansion
- [Herald Interview] Kim Gi