We all have those days where we feel sluggish, tired and dreadful of the day ahead, but it certainly doesn’t have to be this way. It’s important to always take care of your body, mind and spirit to have a good day. I created a list of the top eight ways to have a healthy, happy day.
I’m always looking for tips and tricks on how to live a healthier lifestyle, so if you have any ideas that aren’t listed, make sure to leave them in the comments below or tweet me @BlissBrunette.
1. Drink green tea to boost your metabolism. This will cleanse your body of toxins before you begin the day.
2. Set your alarm an hour earlier to squeeze in a morning workout. Studies show an increase in happiness and overall productivity for those who workout in the morning.
3. Drink two glasses of water when you wake up; bonus points if you drink warm water fresh lemon. If you don’t like tea, this is a great alternative for a metabolism boost.
4. Complete a five-minute yoga sequence to relieve anxiety before work. You’ll find a decrease in stress and an increase in your overall mood.
5. Sip on a glass of wine at night to reduce heart problems and stress. This is a great way to treat yourself at the end of the day.
6. Take the time to enjoy each meal. Eating too quickly can stop you from realizing when you’re full. Eat slowly to help with digestion.
7. Pack healthy snacks the night before work or school, so you don’t give in to junk-food cravings. Planning and preparing meals will lead to less stress in the morning and a better diet.
8. Find time to meditate — it will help you focus and relax at the end of a long day. Meditation is beneficial for the mind, body and spirit.
I hope you all enjoy your weekend and I will talk to you on Monday!